Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- The morning of surgery, take the medications you normally take with a small sip of water, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- Brush your teeth the morning of surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult (at least 18, or older) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Any patient under 18 years of age, must have a parent or legal guardian present.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes. No dresses.
- Longer hair must be pulled back out of the patient’s face.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, nail polish, or fake nails on the day of surgery. Dark nail polish will be removed.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Please leave young children and other family members at home.
We appreciate your cooperation in making your experience with us as safe as possible!