Meet Rigo Cornejo, DMD, MD
Oral Surgeon in Winter Haven
Dr. Cornejo is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. It can be said that Dr. Rigo Cornejo was destined to become a dentist. Both of Dr. Cornejo’s parents, Dr. Rigoberto Cornejo and Dr. Martha Cornejo maintained practices in dentistry for over thirty-five years.
Dr. Cornejo attended New Hyde Park Memorial High School, in New York and excelled in both academic and athletic pursuits. After high school, he attended the University of Pennsylvania where he received his bachelor’s degree. He then continued his training at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine where he obtained his dental degree.
In 1994, Dr. Cornejo was accepted to the very competitive six-year program at Charity Hospital, Louisiana State University in New Orleans. There he obtained his medical degree, did a one-year internship in general surgery, extensive training in anesthesia, and completed his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
In 2000, Dr. Cornejo joined Winter Haven Oral Surgery. Since then he has been very active in the FL Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and was elected president for the year 2012. His main professional interests include the removal of wisdom teeth, oral-facial reconstruction with bone grafting, and dental implants. He also treats oral-facial trauma and is a member of the Winter Haven Hospital Staff.
Dr. Cornejo enjoys living in Winter Haven and is very active in supporting local organizations. He spends countless hours coaching and mentoring local youth.
Dr. Cornejo is married to Dr. Stephanie Cornejo, who is an orthodontist in Winter Haven. They have three children and numerous pets. They enjoy outside activities and sports such as soccer, fishing, boating, and gardening. Dr. Cornejo is involved in coaching competitive soccer and enjoys playing sports.
Ready to Schedule a Consultation?
Curriculum Vitae — Rigo Cornejo, DMD, MD
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate of the National Dental Board Of Anesthesiology
- Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
- FL Board of Dentistry
- Member of American Dental Association
- Past President of FL Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member FL Dental Association
- Member West Coast Dental Society
- Member Polk County Dental Society
- Member of FL Society of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Louisiana State University Medical Center , New Orleans, Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Louisiana State University Medical School, M.D.
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, D.M.D.
- University of Pennsylvania College of Arts and Sciences, B.A.
- Chair of the Dental Sub-section at Winter Haven Hospital 2003-present
- Partner Winter Haven Oral Surgery 2001-present
- Associateship OMFS Dr. David Neal DDS. PA. Winter Haven,FL 2000-2001
- Research Fellowship funded by Public Health Service of National Institute of Health. University of Pennsylvania. Principal Investigator Dr. Susan Silverton
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Quintesence Annual Investigator Award for graduating dental student at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Lecturer Odontogenic Infections, Polk County Dental Society. June 12, 2001
- Founder Winter Haven Implant Study Club
- South FL Community College, Dental Education Advisory Board
- Dental Anesthesia Consultant for the FL Department of Health
- Board Member FL Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Young Eagle Award 2004 Presented by The FL Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tampa, November, 2004 Treasurer of FSOMS 2005 – 2009
- Vice President, FL Society OMFS 2010
- President, FL Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 2011-2012